Monday, January 21, 2008

Latissimus Dorsi


First a summary of last week: approximately 19 hours in total, with 5 hours of running, more than 9 hours on the bike and 14200 meters of swimming. A good week indeed.

Second, on a less positive note, I had to stop my swim session this morning (in the local Ymca's pool shown above) after 100 meters because of a sharp pain in my right lateral back muscle (Latissimus Dorsi). I preferred to stop immediately instead of training through pain. We'll see tomorrow if the pain is still here.

1 comment:

Kyle M. said...

I am certainly not at your level of training, but I usually swim 10000 to 12000 meters a week, and I've occasionally experienced a very similar pain in my lower back after rigorous workouts. Apparently, it's a pretty common discomfort for swimmers...I hope yours improves quickly! It's quite a nagging injury, as one can feel it whenever one coughs, reaches for a book on a shelf, bends to tie one's shoes, etc.--at least that's how mine has presented itself.