Monday, January 7, 2008

Block 1 done, time for block 2


My first block of training is done: 8 weeks from November 12th to January 6th. For the number crunchers out there, here are few statistics: 120 hours of training, 405 km of running, 1725 km of cycling and 55 km of swimming. All that despite few days of sickness and the holidays... That is a lot for me even if I am still behind as regards to pool time.
The new block started this morning. According to the weekly program I got from Paulo the main change will apparently be the introduction of higher intensity work in the three disciplines: some running in Zone 4 (that will hurt), longer Zone 4 intervals on the bike (will hurt also) and much longer pool sessions (up to 3800 meters this week for example). I’ll also start to run after my long rides of 4 hours and more (transition runs i.e. 20 minutes only).
Talking about long ride, my Sunday morning ride was one to forget… Rain, debris and mud everywhere on the roads because of the storm, and… three flats!

OK, my debris were not that large but still...

I had to call Joanna to pick me up in the mountains; not a great way to finish the week. I rode a little bit more than 3 hours instead of the 4 hours planned but was very tired.

No comments: