Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Back to this chlorine smell...

I started swimming again on Monday (3400 meters) and today (3500 meters). It took me a while to get over the apprehension and fully finish my stroke with my right arm but it went fine. I did not touch the paddles yet as I do not want to stress my lat too much, too soon. It is good to be back to the pool again, even if in the back of my mind I enjoyed a week without swimming! I hate swimming!

My running is visibly improving, this morning session hurt (5 x 6 minutes in Zone 4) but I feel faster and I recover well from these intense workouts. I am curious to see the results during a race as I had never tried any kind of interval training in the past. I would get out and run without really paying attention to my pace or heart rate. With Paulo I push myself much more in all sports.

No comments: