Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rock Racing



As usual, I did a long ride on Saturday morning (4h30) with some climbing (Latigo and Yerba Buena) followed by a 20 minute transition run. I was tired on the bike for a while but felt stronger at the end of the ride. My legs felt surprisingly good on the short run though. It is very cold on the East Coast but here we still enjoy a perfect weather, great for training!

Today early two hour ride (with 60 minutes in Zone 3) on the trainer, in my garage watching the 1995 Ironman Hawaii DVD. What a finish in the Women race! Paula Newby Fraser, lead the race until the last half mile and then hit the wall (hard) and could not even walk for 20 minutes.




In the afternoon we went to Malibu and passed the infamous Rock Racing team on the PCH. It was 3.30pm and they were just leaving Santa Monica. Pretty late for a ride if you ask me… Sevilla was in the group. Apparently they did not get their team bikes yet as each rider had a different one, but all of them had masked the brand. I'll check what they ride during the Tour of California in February.

No comments: