Saturday, March 22, 2008

X-Ray...

I went to an orthopedic clinic on Friday but don't know much more about my injury. It does not seem to be a stress fracture as my X-rays came out clean. The doctor wants to check with an MRI to be totally sure. It seems that sometimes stress fractures are not visible on X-rays. In the meantime I can't run. I also got a prescription to see a Physical Therapist. Let's see what will be his version of my injury story... The race is is less than 7 days... Not good at all.

To improve my morale here are somes highlights of the Las Cruces Camp:

1/ The Sofa, also called the "PS Triathlon International Training Center recovery machine". Only one rule, implemented forcefully by Paulo: "no seating on the sofa if not showered". Below, the recovery machine being used by Jonnyo and Sergio.



2/ Hydratation: because of the altitude and the desert dry air I was constantly dehydrated. I needed a bottle by me even to watch TV! On my last day, we went for a two hour ride and Khai realized Sergio had no bottle: "He Sergio, you forgot your bottles!", "I don't need bottles, it is just a two hour ride...". Sergio is a camel.

3/ Nutrition: as Jonnyo said "we are athletes, we can eat a lot", and we did, Italian, Mexican... The skinny rapper in the middle is Paulo, in between Sergio and Danny.
4/ The Purse: Lyndsey now knows that showing up at the pool for the morning workout with a "red-crocodile" purse is a good way to get a new nickname, Miss Purse (here with, from righ to left, Khai, Jonnyo and me).

5/ Zone 3: riding Zone 3 with Sergio and Jonnyo with a tailwind, flying at 50kph, definitely a highlight for me. The way back was less glorious...

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Hi Richard,

It was nice meeting you last week! Good luck this weekend in Oceanside!

Mariana