Thursday, February 21, 2008

Training Update

Last week was a pretty good week despite a two day trip to NY: 18 hours in total, with 60km of running, 265km of cycling but only 11km in the water. I clearly lost some fitness after my 10 day “virus break” but everything is back to normal except for my speed in the water (I lost few seconds per 100m, I was slow, I am slower). On Saturday Brian and I did a 4h30 ride with some serious climbing followed by a 30 minutes run that felt pretty good. On Sunday I woke up early (5am) to do a two hour trainer session before waking up the family to go to ski at Big Bear where the kids had a blast.



This week started pretty well with some great workouts. A 1h15 run on Tuesday with 5x6 minutes in Z4, I felt great and my HR was above 170. The day after, my legs were sore for the 1h30 Z2 run! This morning, on the trainer at 5.30am for a 90 minute session with 6x6min in Z4. I stayed above 285 watts all the time with the first three intervals at 290/295 watts. I was very happy with that.

No comments: