Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Couch potato

After a weekend living the life of a perfect couch potato thanks to this virus that has decided to call my body home, I know for sure that this kind of lifestyle is not for me… It is really depressing to spend a weekend reading and watching TV (a lot of TV) without getting out (except to bring my kids to their soccer games)…

I feel better this morning though. There is light at the end of the tunnel and I might try to exercise again tomorrow. Let’s wait for Paulo instructions.

I must admit that I am in panic mode right now. My fitness will be gone. I am late on my program. Half Ironman California is less than 2 months away. I have busy weeks coming and won’t be able to train optimally:

- Week of February 11th: trip to the East Coast for business. It is going to be very difficult to train whatsoever during this trip, add the fatigue of the trip and the hotel food and you have the perfect week…
- Weekend at Mammoth: I will land from the East Coast on Friday and will jump in the car for a 5 hour trip to Mammoth Mountain for a three day ski weekend. It will be fun and great for the boys but not so for my triathlon career…
- Tour of California: back home on Monday night (18th), early flight on Tuesday to San Francisco to accompany a client of mine to the Tour of California and spend the day with the Credit Agricole team. Again while fun the timing is not great.
- After that I’ll have three weeks to get ready for the HTFU Training Camp in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I’ll stay there five days only but this should be a lot of fun to train with the group of athletes coached by Paulo, including Jonnyo.
- Half Ironman Race in Oceanside California on March 29th.

No comments: