Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chocolate

It has been a week already since the race and my injury. But it seems like an eternity to me… Life is pretty boring when you can’t do anything besides sitting on your butt… Yes I am getting better at moving around with my crutches but my range of action is pretty limited. I am trying to treat my depression with chocolate and I think I went through our six month reserve of French chocolate in a week! I don’t see real progress as far as my fracture is concerned (I cannot put weight on my leg yet and it is very painful) but I guess it is time to be positive again (plus I don’t have chocolate anymore).

After discussing with Paulo I decided I’ll try to race anyway. I played with the idea of asking North America Sport (the company organizing the Ironman races in North America) to swap my Coeur d’Alene spot for a Lake Placid one. Ironman Lake Placid takes place on July 20th and it would have given me an additional month to prepare and be in a decent shape. But the timing conflicts with our family vacation plans so I’ll race Coeur d’Alene and must try to be there in the best shape possible. Obviously I am not in the Hawaii qualification "race" anymore and it is tough to re-motivate myself but I’ll try to have fun and enjoy the day.

I’ll try to get back in the pool before the end of the week, without kicking obviously (first time in my life I am going to miss kicking!). And, I’ll take it from there… Step by step.

When I am done with my crutches I can make a stool with them and an old wheel. How beautiful!

No comments: